Drop your file here or
- Upload from your device
- Upload from Google Drive
- Upload from DropBox
- Upload from Web address (URL)
Max file size: 256 MB
Your files are safe !
We use the best encryption methods to protect your data.
All documents are automatically deleted from our servers after 30 minutes.
If you prefer, you can delete your file manually right after processing by clicking the bin icon.
How to OCR files in 100+ formats to generate a searchable PDF online:
- To start, drop your file (more than 100 formats are supported) or upload it from your device or your cloud storage service.
- Select your OCR languages between English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese.
- Click on the Start OCR button.
- Download the file converted to PDF OCR to your computer or save it directly to your cloud storage service.
Did you know?
OCR stands for “Optical Character Recognition.” OCR engines essentially try to convert images into text. Thanks to OCR, we can extract, copy-paste, and even read aloud (thanks to Text To Speech applications) text from scanned documents. You can learn more about OCR here.
OCR isn’t magical, and some documents are tough to decipher. However, we can improve the results by adjusting some parameters, like a higher resolution, removing artifacts, adding more contrast, and so on. If you get poor OCR results, try cleaning-up and enhancing your document first!
Each language comes with its collection of graphical symbols, also called glyphs. They include characters, of course, but also accents, punctuation marks, and special characters. To reduce processing time and get good results, don't forget to select the language in which you want the engine to recognize your texts.