- Upload from your device
- Upload from Google Drive
- Upload from DropBox
Your files are safe !
We use the best encryption methods to protect your data.
All documents are automatically deleted from our servers after 30 minutes.
If you prefer, you can delete your file manually right after processing by clicking the bin icon.
How to redact a PDF online:
- To start, drop your PDF file or upload it from your device or your cloud storage service.
- To add redaction marks, click the "Add redaction marks" button and draw an area on your document with the mouse.
- To edit the redaction marks, click the "Add redaction marks" button again to disable the addition of new redactions, then click on the redaction mark you want to modify and select the "Edit" icon in the menu. In the window "Redaction marks properties" you can change the title and the color of the redaction mark.
- To apply the redaction marks and save the document, click the "Apply all redactions" button and/or directly the "Save" button.
- Download the redacted PDF file to your computer or save it directly to your cloud storage service.
Did you know?
The GDPR ( General Data Protection Regulation ) is a regulation on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas.
On January 1st, 2020, California released the California Consumer Privacy Act ( CCPA ), which is similar to GDPR and aims to guarantee strong protection for individuals regarding their personal data.
The GDPR and CCPA have a slightly different approach regarding personal data. Unlike the CCPA, the GDPR creates an additional category of data called sensitive personal data, with even stricter processing requirements.
Personal data that has been rendered anonymous is no longer considered personal data. However, for data to be truly anonymized, the anonymization must be irreversible. Once a PDF is redacted with AvePDF, the information removed cannot be retrieved. Therefore, it is a convenient tool for organizations looking to be compliant with regulations.